Monday, February 4, 2013

I Am Nobody's Hero.

Tonight, I had an experience that I've never had before in my life.  My old pastor's daughter, who is married, with a kid, and who I've always looked up to called me her hero tonight.  She also called me a "champion for girls and women."  And she said that I helped her to become a better parent to her kid.

Wow.

I don't think that I've ever been more affected by words in my life.

Truth is, I am no hero.
I am just a girl, using her struggles to change the world.  I am a girl who fights for what is right, who yearns for the day when eating disorders do not exist, for the time when all women and girls will see themselves as beautiful.

I am not a hero.
I struggle.

It is only through God's grace that I have strength, that I can share my story.
He's the hero.
Not me.


No comments:

Post a Comment