Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, Same Hope: God Never Changes.

It is now officially 2013. 

What? I thought that 2012 just began! At least, that's what it seemed like to me. But hey, time is  one thing that consistently changes. That's one thing that I have definitely learned--life ALWAYS goes on. It doesn't matter what the issue is...death, depression, loss of friendship, whatever. It goes on. 


And it's not just the bad that time overcomes. It's the good, too. Good times will not last. The first blissful days of orientation and freedom only last until classes and real work begins. The feeling of acing an exam only lasts until you realize you have another in a few weeks. Reunion with old friends only lasts until they have to go back to school and you are left at home, alone. 


Time changes. Constantly. Every second, every minute... It counts. 


But here's the thing: GOD IS CONSTANT.


My God never changes. Ever. His LOVE is constant. His HOPE remains. He REIGNS forever. 


God does not care about time. He doesn't even measure it the same way that we do. 1000 years are like one day to God. So why do we make such a big fuss over the coming of the next year? 


It really does not matter. At all. 


Why do we wait until January 1 to make resolutions? 


The thing is: we have a new day every day of the year. We have a new beginning every day. A fresh start. 


So why wait


We can choose to change at any time during the year. We can vow to love more, to worship more, to seek the Lord more at any time. We can resolve to change every day, every hour, every minute. 


Resolutions bother me. I was watching New Year's Rocking Eve with my family tonight, and according to Facebook polls, the top five resolutions are: 



1. Lose weight. 
2. Get organized.
3. Spend less, save more.
4. Enjoy life to the fullest.
5. Stay fit and healthy.

Seriously, people? There is so much messed up in our world and we are focused on ourselves?! 

Personally, my resolution for 2013 is simply this: I resolve to let God change me and use me however that He wants. Because ultimately, He is in control of my life. He changes us. We do not change ourselves. 

God never changes. He is always in control. Of time. And of change. So 2013... Bring it on. My God NEVER changes. 

Happy New Year, everyone! 




No comments:

Post a Comment